Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Fast Ended :(

Okay, so last night I caved (kinda) and started eating solids again.  I did not have enough juice to last and I currently have no way to get to the store and bring back all of the produce required for juice.  I wish I hadn't caved and eaten cooked food (I hate myself for it), but honestly I have no raw food in the house ... and I mean NONE.  The funny thing is that yes, I felt guilty for eating cooked food, but I felt guilty for eating period.  I felt like I was doing something wrong by eating solids.  I can't tell whether I felt that way because my body wanted to keep fasting or because I was just enjoying the fast and being released from the temptation that food binds me with.

So anyway, I am pretty dissapointed with myself and kinda irritated that I didn't make it the whole 7-10 days that I wanted to so today's post will be short.

I am starting to make a grocery and meal list and I plan on adding pictures of many things that I will make.  Ugh, I am gonna go kick myself some more.

Anyway, remember, you are RAWsome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up! You can always give it another go when you are ready. :-) One thing it's taken me a long time to learn is that striving for perfection all the time guarantees failure.

If it is any consolation, I also broke my water fast today. Today was day 5 for me, and I had hoped to go 30. But I ended up getting a tooth infection, having an emergency surgery on my tooth, and now I have to take really strong antibiotics. I know that I can't take those things drinking only water. So I had some juice earlier today and plan on eating steamed veggies tonight (because they are mushy and it's hard to chew).

Believe me, I understand your disappointment. But I think the best thing we can do is not beat ourselves up, and just know that we can both try it again soon if we want to!

RawDaddy said...

Thanks Jennifer! I really did struggle with feeling bad about myself today. I did end up taking the bus to the store (which is a horrible experience) and had a melt down in the middle of the store swearing off food. I was ready to live off of just air and hope for the best.

I did end up buying a pineapple, kiwi, mangoes, and sweet potato. I also ordered a dehydrator that will be here at the end of the month so hopefully that will help me also!

I am sorry to hear about your tooth, I hope that it is getting better!

Georgina said...

How are you feeling now RD? Much better I hope. I actually weighed myself today and my cooked food blip is rather apparent! Ah well, it will go again.

When you get your dehydrator will you be trying the onion bread recipe that has surfaced on RFT recently ... it sounds very good.

Post a Comment